Friday, November 18, 2011

No BS Allowed

The following thought has occurred to me numerous times while driving, but I've never actually captured it "on paper." Why must schools make bumper stickers for "Student of the Month," "Gifted Student," etc? I dread the day when Tybalt comes home, excited that he has been granted whatever special title earns him a bumper sticker. I will praise his talent, his grades, his behavior, etc, but I WILL NOT put the bumper sticker on my car. For my car is a Bumper Sticker Free Zone. (Get it? No BS Allowed? :) Haha, okay maybe I'm the only one who thought it was funny, but still...)

When will elementary schools and junior highs learn that bumper stickers might seem like a neat "trophy" to the student, but are a bummer for the parents?

Why can't they give out window clings instead? Something I can put up easily, and here's the key, take down just as easily. I understand they are probably more expensive to order and have printed than the mass bumper stickers, but take note, schools of Las Vegas-- I pledge today to PAY the extra cash if I can just have a window cling instead. Promise. Hell, I'll run the PTA committee that orders them. You won't have to lift a finger. After all, I HIGHLY DOUBT I'm the only parent who is tormented by the arguments from their child when said child wants Mommy and Daddy to be proud of their accomplishment, yet Mommy and Daddy REALLY don't want to put something sticky and permanent on their car. Yep, I don't think it will be hard to head that committee and raise the extra funds at all, for I believe I will have plenty of parents on my side.

Proud parents who ALSO love their cars unite!

No comments:

Post a Comment