Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello There!

Hello, and welcome. I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. Frenchie started to introduce me, but I finally found myself with a few moments to sit down and type my own first post. Before I begin though, let me just say that I think Frenchie gave an overly flattering description of my writing style. To say I'm that good makes me more than a bit nervous! So I beg a little wiggle room if the first handful of posts seem a bit scattered, due to said nerves. I will find my groove, that's a promise.

For the purposes of this blog, my name is Juliet, or Juliet Cap. Why? Well, let's start with this fact, I suppose-- I LOVE theatre. I LOVE literature. I LOVE my husband. And he LOVES theatre and literature (and me) as well. In fact, talking about theatre and our common interests in it was how we fell in love. I suppose I could have then chosen any theatrical or literary pseudonym, then, correct? Well, does it help to know that my son's real, actual name is Tybalt? Yes, Tybalt, from Romeo and...wait for it, wait for it...Juliet. Yes, my husband and I are THAT big of theatre and literature fans (aka geeks) that we named our son Tybalt. So, when pondering my pen-name for this blog, why would I choose anything other than Shakespeare and, ultimately, Juliet? :) Oh, and you guessed right, yes, my husband will be referred to as Romeo.

One final note about pseudonyms before I move on: I would just like to touch on what Frenchie started to mention in her Inaugural Post. Many readers will honestly only know us as Juliet and Frenchie, (and our husbands as Romeo and "B", respectively), because you only know us from our blog. However, some readers may know us personally. If you fall into the latter category, please respect the fact that we have chosen to have at least a big of anonymity. So we politely do ask that all comments refer to us by our pen-names, and not our real names, even if you know them.

Thanks! Now on to the fun stuff.

A Bit Of A Bio:
I was born and raised in the greater Chicago-land area. Western suburbs to be more precise. But I consider Illinois in general my home, not just Chicago, because my grandmother lived in Springfield, and I visited her often, and I attended college in Decatur. For those of you who are not IL savvy, Springfield and Decatur are about 45 minutes away from each other, and both about 3.5 hours outside Chicago. I greatly appreciate having spent significant amounts of my life in every area I did, because it gave me an appreciation for a "big city" (downtown Chi-town), suburb life (Downers Grove area), and the more slow-paced farming and agricultural scene (Decatur).

I moved to Las Vegas, NV upon graduating college. Doing the math, that means I've been here 5 years now. Shortly after moving here I met the love of my life, Romeo, who was born and bred here in Vegas. We dated for a tad more than 2 years and were married in 2009. Romeo and I decided to start our family immediately, and Tybalt was born in August 2010.

For now, I feel that gives you all a pretty good beginner's idea of who I am. Undoubtedly I've forgotten things, but you will learn more as you read my posts.

Oh, and some adorable pictures of Romeo and Tybalt coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment