Wednesday, July 23, 2014

21 Weeks!

18 Weeks


21 Weeks!
I haven't done an official pregnancy update in a while, so here goes this one. 21 weeks as of today, and generally feeling quite well. The nausea is no longer a symptom, thankfully, but the pregnancy allergies/constant nasal congestion has started. I'll take it over nausea anyday. My Doctor totally approved Zyrtek, so that has been helping greatly. The anatomy scan ultrasound revealed another girl, yes, but it also revealed a healthy baby, measuring on target, a closed cervix and a well-placed placenta. So, everything is looking great and while there are some pregnancy annoyances, I don't want to sound ungrateful or complain-y. This time around, going into the ultrasound, I was significantly more anxious about finding out that the baby was healthy then I was about actually finding out the sex. With Mia, I had a healthy pregnancy with little to no complications, and now we have a healthy, active daughter without any issues. Part of me feels like it is too much to ask  to do it all second time without something going wrong. 

I did injure my back doing absolutely nothing a couple of weeks ago, and had a couple of physical therapy sessions. Those helped, and my back feels totally fine now. It feels like my uterus is shifting up higher into my torso, and I'm starting to get out of breath doing the most benign things. Yes, things like going up the stairs will wind me, but also, I'll find myself breathing heavily after drinking water, shaving my legs (which-- any excuse not to do it, amirite?) and it's comical, but also pretty annoying. I think the shortness of breath thing has been causing some increased tiredness, too. I'll wake up still feeling sleepy, and every morning I have to convince myself to get ready and go to work. Every day this week, I've been tempted to take a sick day, but realize that I should probably save those for when I'm actually sick since I've got another 4 months to go here.

In more fun news, we picked a name! I'm hesitant to put it down on paper (public, web-based paper), but we've been using it without keeping it a secret. We went over a few names out loud while Mia was in the room, had her repeat some of them to see how they sounded out of her, and decided pretty quickly. A couple of days later, I asked Mia what we should call her little sister, she remembered the name we liked best, and it was done. 

This week/month, I think we're going to stop talking about getting a bigger car and actually do it. I'm getting so so so so tired of having discussion after discussion (B initiated, of course. He likes to go over specifics ad nauseam) over which car would suit our needs best, I just want to do it so that Autotrader.com can stop being a permanent tab on my browser. 

4 comments:

  1. I was 21 weeks yesterday! Congrats!!! =) We have a girl and her name is picked out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We bought a 2015 Subaru Legacy. I made the spouse do all of the research and negotiating on price. We also have a 4Runner, which we love, but it gets terrible gas mileage. The Legacy has a giant trunk and there is enough room between the front seats that Future President can't kick the back of the seat, which is a huge win. Good luck. Car shopping is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a 97 Subaru Legacy and I had to chime in seeing perfrctyellowyolk's comment: I LOVE our legacy, with a passion! The spacious trunk is A GODSEND! And they are super reliable. ours currently has 260k miles and is going strong! Not sure how we will fit three car seats in there but we aren't in a position to get a new car so we will have to make due :)

    omg, I'm always out of breath too! And I keep getting weird hot/cold flashes! Ugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CP, and PYY, we are looking at the 3 row cars. When my parents are in town for WEEKS at a time, there will be 6 of us tooling around town, and it would be nice not to have to take two cars everywhere we go. We have a lead on a nicely priced 2012 Honda Pilot, and dependent on how it drives, we'll likely go with that. 260K Miles, though! That's quite the accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete