Yes, I know it's been a while, but Juliet is back. I haven't blogged in quite a long time and that's for two reasons: 1) We just returned from our first ever official family vacation! We traveled "home" (my home that is, not Romeo's since he's a Las Vegas/Southern Cali native) to the Chicago suburbs. We also rented a car and went down to Decatur, IL where I went to college. 2) I've been
really totally hella' depressed. FIL is really getting to me, yes, but on top of that I just feel...all around bad. And I haven't been up to sitting and writing. But I figured a Whatnot Wednesday would be the perfect opportunity to at least say "Hello" again and write a couple short things, if only to get me back in the saddle.
Side note: I am promising you and myself to not put anything negative in my following "flushing" of thoughts. You all don't deserve to hear rough stuff *every* time I blog, lol, I'm not negative every time, am I? Hope not. Plus, I just don't want to focus on FIL and stuff like that this time around. I'd like to look at the bright side for at least the next 20 minutes.
- I got a new phone. Actually, I've gotten two new phones in the last 3 weeks. My cell went "kaputz" around New Year's, but Romeo and I refuse to re-sign with Sprint. So we waited as long as we could, until I couldn't stand it anymore, and bought me a no-contract phone with Virgin Mobile. We still have to pay Sprint until the end of May, but enough is enough. Luckily our tax refund gave us enough to cover paying two bills for a couple of months. Then when we cancel my Sprint May 29th (not like I'm counting down days or anything, lol), we can just pay my Virgin Mobile, and change Romeo's sprint bill to a plan with minimal minutes and minimal texts seeing he doesn't really do much. He's got 1 more year then hopefully we can be rid of Sprint for good. It's not that we have a problem with their service. Their call reception is great and everything, but their prices are way too high for what we need/want. But, anyway, the first model I bought was crappy, so we had to go back to the store last night and stay on Virgin but get a different model phone. Fingers crossed that this one will do all I want it to do. Hey, I'm just excited to be an official member of the 21st century with a smart phone!
- Tybalt starting doing the cutest thing ever on vacation! It's probably not unheard of, but he's never done it before. We were out to eat and because the wait took FOREVER he lost patience and was utterly "done" by the time we sat down. All he wanted to do was sit in Romeo or my lap. So Romeo took the first turn while I ate, and then I took him while Romeo ate. Well, while I was holding him, I tried to feed him a piece of chicken tender. He refused. But a few seconds later, he picked it up, and raised it up to my mouth to feed me! He wanted to feed me over and over again. It was so cute! I mean, A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E! Taking care of Mommy like that. And he did it another time with Daddy a day or two later.
- No new news on the "Incident" aka shooting through my neighbors wall a couple weeks ago. I have noticed that the apartment complex has patched and painted their wall. And they re-coded the gates at the entrance and promptly shut them at 5:30pm everyday.
- My birthday was March 24. It was fabulous! Romeo's cousin was in town who is a good friend of mine now. We went out to lunch with her as a family (Romeo, Me, Tybalt, and Cousin L.). Then Tybalt went to MIL and FIL for an overnight while Romeo and I checked into a local hotel (they upgraded us to a huge suite!), went to a seafood buffet for dinner, and saw Penn and Teller's magic show at the Rio. We actually went to their show on my first birthday together, so it was neat to do it again together 5 years later.
- Romeo's birthday is this Sunday, the 22nd. I am taking him to a surprise dinner on Saturday night while Tybalt once again has a sleepover with MIL and FIL. (I may not care for FIL, but I am grateful for how much they love Tybalt and are always willing and DESIRE to babysit him.) One thing--is my husband the only one who never asks for anything fun or exciting for his birthday? He wants an itunes card. That's it. And the years I've tried to be creative and get him something more fun, he doesn't use it or appreciate it. Oh, he'll be nice and put on a happy face, but I've learned over the years. So I've basically given up and just get him exactly what he wants, fun or not. But man, it sure takes the excitement out of shopping.
Ah, what a refreshing feeling! My brain has been cleaned out a bit! Interested in participating in Whatnot Wednesdays yourself? Follow the hyperlink button at the top of this entry to link to Elizabeth at "Every Day the Wonderful Happens" and find out more!