Monday, December 19, 2011

The Countdown Begins!

It's crazy to think that by this time next week, we'll have been in France for 3 days. And Xmas will be over. Three more days of work for me (my boss will be on vacation starting wednesday, so I'll most likely have a casual pseudo vacation day then, too). My brain seems to be starting to fry coordinating our trip, so I'm afraid this is going to be a bullet post:

-I got into work this morning and realized that the one work thing that I did last week, I managed to screw up. I sent some immigration papers to the wrong office, so now I have to wait for them to return it and send it to the right place. Am admonising myself for not paying attention! You had ONE THING TO DO.

-We had a very bad night with Mia. She woke up at 2am screaming bloody murder. I rocked her, gave her a bottle and finally, some baby tylenol and she calmed down. Repeat 4 hours later. We've been pretty spoiled not to have any teething yet, so maybe this is it.

-Although we are still not sleeping through the night (see above), we've at least managed to start training her to fall asleep on her own. We go through the bedtime routine (PJs, lotion, bottle, song, sleep), and now, instead of rocking her to sleep, we'll just put her in her crib while she's still awake and let her fall asleep on her own. So far, she's still pretty pissed about it, but after we go back in 2-3 times to put the pacifier back in place, she'll actually just roll onto her side and fall asleep. It's been a very welcome change, freeing up some baby-free evenings.

-Last night, before she actually fell asleep, I went back into the room to get some knitting needles, I found her on all fours, almost on her knees, trying to reach her nightlight. It looks like we're going to have a crawler soon, people.

-My Xmas shopping is done, almost all the presents are wrapped. Yesterday, I locked B in our bedroom (that sounded dirty, but it's not...) and forced him to look through the clothes that he wants to [me] to pack for France. With my insistance, he will both be warm and look nicer than he usuall does in his usual uniform of t-shirts and jeans. I've at least got him convinced to put a nice sweater over those t-shirts.

-We spoke with my grandmother this weekend, and they've gone all out and set up a borrowed crib in the bedroom set up for us. It's a relief not to have to travel internationally with our pack n' play. Thinking about bringing the pack n' play, a stroller and a carseat was giving me panic attacks.

-Finally, this morning I learned that one of my co-worker's wives is pregnant. In other pregnancy news, let's congratulate our blog friend BeeBeeZfa, who has been waiting a long time for this great news. I'm so happy for you!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you get to go to France. I am petrified of what travelling with baby will be like, but I absolutely refuse to stop doing it! Thanks so much for all the love and congratulations. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy all over! XX

    ReplyDelete