Thursday, March 13, 2014

Satisfied.

Whether it's because I'm going on vacation next week, or whether it's because it's an especially busy time, I'm having some satisfying work days.

I have always found a certain amount of dissatisfaction with my job. I don't have a particularly exciting position, I don't strictly do legal work, I'm alone in my office, alone in my department, and I don't get a lot of interoffice interaction. But, over the past few weeks, I've found myself more interested, more motivated. There has been a bit of conflict between managers of different departments lately, and I've been attending a lot of the operations meetings as a sort of mediator. To keep everyone in check, to keep the meeting itself on track, and it's been pretty fun.

Not only have my days been a bit more diverse than they generally are, I'm finding myself actually understanding so many parts of this Company's business better than before. And finding it pretty interesting. I used to sit in on meetings with the billing department and completely glaze over as they talked about billing codes, and reimbursements that absolutely meant nothing to me. Now, almost 5 years into working in the Healthcare field, I'm actually understanding what they're talking about. Let me tell you, it makes it significantly easier to mediate an argument between two people who are arguing about things if I have a clue what they are talking about.

I've gone through so many ups and downs at my job. I'm glad I'm in an up. Here's hoping it lasts.

Also, how much nicer is life now that we've sprung forward? It's so much more enjoyable to pull into our street when it's not completely dark out.

No comments:

Post a Comment