Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Bullets!

Working on Fridays really stinks. Yesterday, when I was shutting down for the day, I seriously, seriously considered taking a vacation day today. But, I've got two 10 day trips coming up in the next few months, so my non-impulsive side won out. I've spent the morning enumerating the things I need to get accomplished this weekend, and am really wishing I could get started.


  • Mia starts in the 3 year old room, today! Officially! I guess they had started moving her up for part of the day earlier this week, but I was told that today, it would be permanent. How did this happen? It feels like she was just moved up to the 2 year old room. Mia's birthday isn't until the end of May, but I think we are starting to get a taste of what three looks like. Two wasn't bad, I think. While there were a lot of irrational reactions, she was still very happy and sweet. As we approach Three, we are definitely seeing some strong opinions, but she is getting easier to reason with.
  • Have you shopped TWICE yet? I just realized that I have a package of two beautiful sweaters waiting in my mailbox that I FAILED to check yesterday. Another thing to look forward to at the end of this workday. Sign up through my link and we both get a $10 credit! I sent in some handbags that I no longer use (and will not use again since they are not baby-snack or emergency diaper friendly) and got $60! At this point, I think I am shopping there almost exclusively, and feel zero guilt about it. (also, free shipping this weekend)
  • We leave for France in exactly two weeks and I am obsessing slightly about my packing list. There's the myriad of random things I need to bring when traveling with an almost 3 year old, but mostly I'm focused on the clothes. I always feel unhappy with the outfits I have available to me at about day 2 of traveling, so this time, I am determined not to let that happen (for me, or Mia!). I may or may not have a chart. I'm also a little bit worried about the weather - this Las Vegas winter has been seriously mild, and March in France can be cold, snowy or rainy, and we are just not equipped for such weather conditions.
  • B is having a going away party with his co-workers while I am gone. Initially, I was all for it. It's nice that he'll have a little thing to do while we're gone, a few people to have dinner with. Now, it's turning into a big party that ALL his co-workers are going to, they're coordinating designated drivers and asking him with his favorite drinks are -- and I'M MISSING IT. Oh, it's not about me? I forgot for a second there...
  • I've been reloading my Etsy Shop with some new items, so swing by a take a look! 
Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment