Friday, September 26, 2014

The Happiest of Fridays to you

My last post was such a first world problems kind of post, but I received my Samsung Galaxy S5 and am slowly adjusting to Android. It feels like it shouldn't be a big deal, but even for someone (like me) who doesn't play games or tweet or whatever on her phone, it's a revelation in how dependent I am on it. Calendars, contacts, photos, notes... it has been taking up my precious brain space all week long. At some moments, I'm so happy to have this big bright screen (it really is better than Apple's), and other moments, I think about how comically large this phone is and for some reason I can't get this camera to work as well as Apple's camera, even though the Samsung's is supposedly better (on paper). Either way, I'm giving it more time. If I can't get used to it soon, B and I will switch phones because he's entirely jealous of my Android, though I am not sure I get why quite yet.

In baby news, I finally located the missing bag of baby clothes and it turns out... we have a lot of clothing. A whole lot of 0-3 months and 3-6, which is what I was focusing on. So, that's good! Except that I had already hauled my expanding self to a consignment sale and purchased no fewer than 10 footie pajamas in both the 0-3 and 3-6 month range. I mean, at least I got them on consignment. I would have been pretty peeved with myself if I had bought them new and hung them up nicely in the closet as I did last weekend... We are now pretty well equipped in the clothing range and it looks like this little baby is going to be wearing footie pajamas all the live long day. There are still a few baby items that remain in the storage black whole that is either our garage, cupboard under the stairs, or walk in closet (the baby swing and the infant padding for the car seat) but someday soon, B will have to start taking my requests nagging seriously enough to get himself in there. Goodness knows I can't do it myself.

Friends of ours are hosting a "Baby Sprinkle" for us, and in light of having found my stash of baby girl clothes, I am feeling quite guilty about it. I think it will be really fun to have a little get together of our friends here in Vegas, but I am feeling bad about the occasion begging for presents. I've put together a registry specifically to show that there is very little we need (replacement bottle parts, some nursing accessories, diapers, lotions...) but I'm afraid it's still a bit tacky. I did ask our hosts to write that presents weren't necessary on the invitation, and I think that might be the best I can do to temper the tackiness short of cancelling the whole party (which I have no intention of doing, because it's going to be fun!).

I hope everyone has a few fun plans this weekend! Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I felt guilty about a shower for baby #2 as well, but my friends and co-workers insisted. I think people just like a good party! And it is truly awesome to receive needed items like ointment and diapers.

    ReplyDelete