Sunday, October 2, 2011

SBD Week 1

Week 1
Lbs Lost: 6
Regular Pants: Still don't fit

I could not be happier with those numbers! After one week, I am going strong. The South Beach Diet, even though it was most popular in 2003 when it came out, still works like a charm. The Diet itself works in phases. Phase 1 lasts 2-4 weeks, and is super super restrictive. You eat basically lean meats, reduced fat dairy, and non-starchy vegetables. Plus, no alcohol for phase 1. NONE. Although the first few weeks are unsustainable for longer than a month, the total elimination of sugar from your system really kick starts your metabolism. 6 pounds in one week is a lot of weight. I am hoping for 12 by the end of the 3 weeks that I plan on doing phase 1 (except booze. I'm bringing that back after 2 weeks). 

I have struggled though. The first few days are not a big deal. I eat some kind of veggie scramble for breakfast, pack a salad for lunch, and a piece of string cheese and almonds for my snack. For dinner, I make a meat and vegetable, and have some sugar free jello for dessert. It works. The weekends though, those are a different story. I'm at home, B is at home, and all I want to do is take a few of the chips he's snacking on, or eat those hash browns that came with my omelet at breakfast this morning! But, for the past 7 days, I've resisted. It feels good.

Just to end on a fun note, here's a Mia pick!

Mia, having her first Glorious Carb experience!

2 comments:

  1. Ah huge congratulations! I am so jealous. My sister did South Beach and it works. Problem is she gained it all back, so I have tried to avoid it. I know exactly what you mean about wanting to steal the chips and hash browns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. pretty sure I gained this week :(! You're inspiration to keep focused.

    ReplyDelete