Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Return to Normalcy

Have I mentioned how much B's training sucks? Yes, I am sure I have, lest I miss a chance to complain on this blog of mine. Well. It has. I mean, I really shouldn't complain about all of the inconveniences that come with a promotion. It's not only the fact that I've really had to do almost anything necessary for either the household, the dogs, or Mia before 7pm, but we've really started noticing that without our mornings together, the time we spend as a family is lacking.

For the past several weeks, B has been out the door before I even get myself out of bed. Thankfully, he was assigned for a portion of his training at a location across town, and this portion has ended. Of course, there are no guarantees that new locations will be any closer, but we can hope they'll take our house location into consideration (please?). Whether Mia has become overly demanding, or my patience has disappeared (a bit of both, I'd say), it has not been easy to solo-parent in the mornings.

Anyway, it looks like we'll be getting at least a couple of weeks of not too far away work. So, that's good. Mia, whose internal clock has her waking up at 6:30 no matter what day of the week it is, or what her parent's schedule is, has been getting into my bed, handing me the remote and watching about an hour and a half of Disney Junior in the mornings, while I snooze and get myself ready for the day. She was not happy about me turning that Disney Junior off after 20 minutes, so that she could eat her breakfast and get out the door with her Papa, as she had always done before. But! I was absolutely thrilled to sit down and eat breakfast all together, and even more thankful to have 45 of peaceful showering without having to share my lipstick with a 3 year old.

This all coincides perfectly with my feeling so much better, which has been doing wonders for both my mood and my energy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment