Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January Birchbox


This is my third Birchbox! I continue to be incredibly excited when I see that my monthly box is in my mailbox, and I was particularly excited when I opened this one up. The packaging and presentation was adorable! I am not regretting this subscription one bit, and at $10, it is such a nice little treat.

What I got:

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser: I tried this one last night, and I followed the directions wrong. It says you are supposed to put the product onto a dry face, but I moistened mine first, assuming you used it like a regular facewash. Still, it took all my makeup off and my face didn't feel dry, so, I'll try it again (properly) for the next couple of weeks and see whether it makes any notable difference in my skin.

Under Armour Braided Headband (not pictured): This one is not pictured because Mia ran off with it as soon as I took it out of the box. It's cute, and it's really tight on my head, which I guess is a good thing? I have never been able to wear one of these stretchy headbands without it slipping off my ponytail, and this one is no exception. But, I think it will work just fine for washing my face. Not something I am likely to buy.

Omnipotent Duosity Hair Treatment: There was only enough sample for me to do this hair treatment once. I did it this morning, following my shampoo and I'll admit that I was initially really impressed. The package comes in two parts that you mix together, and once they get mixed, the product foams up. Once I saw the foam though, I was kind off... worried about putting that kind of chemical on my hair, but I did it anyway. It didn't feel like a conditioner, and after styling, my hair feels like it wasn't conditioned, but it is really shiny and strong. It does smell a bit chemically, though. As if I had just colored my hair. I won't buy this - I would have been much more interested in a deep conditioner or a dry shampoo.

Camille Beckman Monarch Body Butter: I didn't like this one. The lotion part may have been good, but the scent was so strong that I had to wash it off my hands!

Coastal Scents Revealed Palette: How adorable is this tiny little eyeshadow quad? I haven't used it, but I did sample a tiny bit on my finger and it felt good - like a nice quality shadow. The colors are really nice, exactly what would use. I don't wear eyeshadow during the week (usually just a bit of eyeliner that I smudge with a highlighter cream), but when the next time I do, this is what I'll reach for. Honestly, I probably won't buy this but I love that I got the sample. This sample size is really generous for someone who rarely wears shadow, and this will last me months!


No comments:

Post a Comment